Do you want to cut down on labour pains? If so, there’s a few things you can do. Continue to read on to find out what those things are.
- A Soothing Environment Is A Must- You want your surroundings to make you feel safe and you want room to walk and to take a bath. Furniture and devices that can help relieve pain is a must too. Your environment should encourage you to try various positions, and having access to medical care is important, just in case any issues arise.
- Choose Your Team wisely – You need to choose your team wisely and carefully. You want to choose a team of doctors, loves ones, nurses, partners and doulas - https://choicesinchildbirth.org/building-your-birth-team/ who are knowledgeable. You will find it easier to cope with birth when your team cares about you and treats you with respect and has a great deal of patience.
- Learn aboutLabour – Take a look at everything from websites, books, a tour of a hospital and videos to learn about labour. You want to learn all you can and you want to become familiar with your hospital’s procedures and customs. Also, speak with your healthcare provider, but try to have these kinds of discussions about labour before you actually go into labour.
- Speak Up About Your Fears- Are you concern about certain things, such as labour and pain or are you scared of losing control? If you are, then speak up and talk with someone you know or tell a childbirth educator about your concerns. You might be able to calm your fears by voicing your concerns to others.
- Imagery And Visualization Is Helpful- What makes you happy? Is it a picture you find inspirational or your partner’s face? Focus on the things that make you happy, and listen to music too, and envision yourself in a soothing and relaxing environment.
- Warm Showers And Baths Can Help- Warm showers are great, especially since you can place a stool inside of it and sit down. A warm bath is nice to take too. Both of these can help relax you and you might find that labour may speed up.
- Move And Keep Moving- Move as much as you possible can. Squat, walk and lean. Some positions will not be as comfortable as others.
- Use Cool Or Warm Compresses- During labour, place a warm pack on your lower back or shoulders. Also, use a cold pack to help soothe areas that are in pain. If you want to relieve a sweaty neck, face or chest, then use a cool cloth.
- Get A Gentle Massage- Get a gentle massage or even a gentle touch, such as getting your cheek stroked or hold hands with your partner. These things can help you. Also, indulge in a massage using light strokes.
- A tens machine is also a great option and can really cut down on the amount of pain and the struggles of labour. You can see more about how they work in this explainer video here. - http://www.babytens.net/
Those are a few things you can do to help with labour pains. There are other things that can help too. However, the ones mentioned above are some of the best methods to try.