One of the most wonderful and surreal moments for a woman’s life is to give birth. It is indeed a magical experience that changes everything from her perception to her priorities in life. This is most especially true for first time moms. The experience is just overwhelming. And as a friend or someone close to a new mom, it is important to show and give support and love during these times. To congratulate them is also necessary since giving birth is not an easy job, a fact that we need not stress any longer.
In this article, we’ve come up with lists of gift ideas that you could give to a first time mommy. A simple present will give her a lot of encouragement and surely, she’ll appreciate it.
- Flowers – sending her a beautiful bouquet of flowers as a way to congratulate and to wish her well will indeed show your love and concern for her. It is something that will brighten up her day. Check out online florists like Fresh Flowers for new baby flowers delivery in Melbourne - http://www.freshflowers.com.au/locations/melbourne.aspx .
- Fruits basket – new moms need to be healthy not only for her sake but also for the newborn baby that she’s breastfeeding. Therefore, giving her a basket of fruits and some vegetables will be a nice gift idea. She needs to regain her energy and strength too and eating fruits will help.
- Customised mommy necklace – another thoughtful present to give to a new mom is a customised mommy necklace. Engraving the word “mom” is very appropriate and it is something that will warm her heart.
- Tote bag – it is a good idea to give her a tote bag since she will be using this a lot now to bring baby stuff anywhere she goes. She needs a big bag wherein she can put and take out stuff easily.
- Baby items – of course, baby items like baby clothes, diaper, feeding bottles, crib, stroller and others are wonderful presents for the new mommy. It would be helpful for them since these things are essentials for the baby’s welfare.
- Parenting book – a new mom may still feel clueless and nervous about raising a baby. It would be great to share some guidelines with her or give her a good parenting book that she can read and learn from. This will give her some sense of relief and confidence.
- Workout DVDs – women had to deal with pregnancy weight after they have given birth. They wish to come back to their original weight so help them by giving out some workout DVDs that she can use when exercising on her spare time.
New moms will surely appreciate to know that her friends and family are always there for her especially in this new chapter on her life. It is an overwhelming experience to give birth. It is happy and fulfilling to have a child but in a way, this could be very scary too especially for first time moms. So it is important that we give them attention, moral support and some new mom presents too.